Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Welcome to 2013!

Well, back to my poor, ignored blog. Last year I felt like I was lurching from one crisis to the next, never really getting time to get caught up on really important things. You know, like my knitting blog. In particular, last summer we suffered from some health issues that took my husband and daughter out of work/school for over three weeks each. Thankfully they both fully recovered, but it felt like we never really recovered as far as keeping up with things at work and around the house. Here's to a reboot in 2013! So far it is shaping up to be a busy, but good year. For the blog, I will pick up where I left off in June and see where things go. Here is my completed Silk Moon Crescent Shawlette. I first saw the pattern on Susan B. Anderson's blog and decided I needed one for myself. I was able to use a fun multicolor yarn, which was a gift, but tone it down a bit with the light lilac. Things were cruising along nicely, and then I ran out of yarn. Ugh! I hadn't even gotten to the end of the small shawlette size! (What the heck is smaller than than a shawlette? A shawlette mini?) I was visiting my mom at the time and with the sage wisdom of a long-time crafter she said "why not just crochet an edge with another yarn?" Of course that was the right answer and I added a nice lace edge to complete my shawlette!
If you want all the details, my Ravelry project page is here. I've even worn it a couple times already, even though it hasn't been blocked yet. I think this is a winner! Having started the year by actually finishing something, I think I'm going to make that my theme for the year. I used to be known in my family as the finisher (in a family full of incomplete projects that include entire house remodels this is not trivial). My favorite thing was to buy partially completed craft kits from Good Will and then complete them. I just love the sense of completion when you actually reach the end of a project. Let's see if I can capture that again!

2 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Welcome Back! I had a pretty sporadic blogging year too! I just couldn't get into it. I'm not positive I'm back to stay even now, but I'm enjoying getting some posts in to start the year and peaking in other bloggers. Your shawlette is perfect. I love, love pink!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

I'm glad you found a yarn to complete the shawlette; it's very pretty.

I hope your family has a much healthier year in 2013 than 2012.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home