Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Yes, I'm a Yarn Ho

Now that I've introduced my projects for The Amazing Lace, I thought I'd take the time to showcase the yarn I've chosen and show my progress on my projects.

First, the Schachenmayr top. I am using Jaegar Trinity, a cotton, silk, polymide blend, in a lovely sage green. I did a guage swatch, went down a needle size from 4 to 3, and have started the left sleeve in seed stitch. This yarn has a slightly "nubby" texture, which I hope works OK for this pattern.

For the Knit.1 ribbed tank, I plan to do white, light pink, and mauve stripes.The yarn is 100% cotton worsted weight mercerized cotton. Very shiny, pretty stuff. What you see here is the bottom of the back started in the mauve. Hopefully the weight of all that cotton won't turn my fitted tank into a baggy dress after the first washing.

And what is this yarn for, you ask? When it comes to craft supplies, I am a very weak individual. After two aborted attempts to go to a LYS (the first store had closed permanently, and the second store was closed for Memorial Day, so I had to go back later in the weak) it seemed a shame to leave with just one hank of yarn. When I saw these beauties in the sale bin for 40% off, my resolve began to weaken. Then my husband said it was a very nice color combo, and I was a goner. Now, what to do with only 380 meters? I was thinking maybe Tulip? Wendy from Knit and Tonic just made one and hers looks lovely. I know what you're thinking, not enough yarn right? It would be if I made the bottom ribbed part in a solid color, using some Kim from Needful Yarns in a light taupe. Just a thought......

Yes, I am a yarn ho, I just need the tshirt to prove it.

1 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger cranberry said...

merc cotton is already treated so that it doesn't stretch. So, that really shouldn't be a problem! :)

Can you show me the top that you're using the Trinty yarn for? I have seven balls of it, and I need to knit with it or trade. :(

My blog is 'two sticks and an afro' and I'm cranberry on blogger.

Toodles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home