Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Monday, July 24, 2006

A Good Head Cleaning

My husband is normally a scientific, rational sort, except when in comes to our printer. He truly believes the printer has it in for him. Every time he attempts to print something the signal doesn't seem to get to the printer, or it's out of ink, or the nozzles are clogged. I sweep in, connect it to my ibook, replace the ink cartridge, or clean the heads so that he can use it. This only makes him more suspicious. He usually says, "so the printer only likes you, does it?", then refuses to use it unless it's an emergency. This weekend I spent $50 and several hours getting it to work once again. Maybe he's right, it does have it in for him. And now it doesn't like me either. Or perhaps like me it is having trouble adjusting to southern California weather?

My knitting is liking me better lately. Here is an update on my the sleeve for the Schachenmayr sweater (June 1st entry) I am working on for The Amazing Lace.
I know, it doesn't look like I've made any progress, but honestly I have. It's a good thing we don't actually have to have our projects done by Labor Day, or I would be in real trouble. This week I'll be meeting with a friendly crafting group here in Orange County, so hopefully they can motivate me to get more done on my sweaters. And, it will be nice to meet more new people here. Maybe they can help me exorcise the printer?

4 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your lace looks like it’s going to be beautiful… and your team introduction post was great…

Nice to “meet” you!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

We don't have to be done by Labor Day? Really? Did I miss a memo somewhere? (Or were you saying we don't HAVE to be done...ie: no gun to our heads?)

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really IS out to get me; I'm not making this up.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Do tell us how the group goes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home