Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Marital Bliss

As some of you know, my husband and I are living apart for a few weeks. He went back to the east coast to finish a research project, so we will be separated for a total of six weeks. Six very long weeks. After you've been with someone for a significant period of time (we've known each other almost seven years), there are things about yourself that you forget. Being apart, I've remembered several things about myself:

1. I have the worst sense of direction ever. I waste at least 15 minutes each day trying to remember where I parked the car. Don't even get me started regarding about how I'm finding my way around a new town. Let's just say that mapquest is my best friend.

2. I drink way too much coffee. When we're together I drink tea instead, but left to my own devices I worship the coffeepot as a god.

3. Whatever milk we consume when we're together is due almost entirely to me. This consumption is increased even more when I drink coffee (with milk, of course).

4. I eat very little meat. Who has room after drinking all that coffee and milk?

I really hope our separation ends soon, or I will end up anemic, wandering aimlessy around parking lots, carrying a full mug of coffee and milk. Not a pretty picture, is it?

Anyway, this weekend I finally finished the madras top I've been working for about 3 years. It wasn't hard to make really, I just didn't work on it very much. It's supposed to be a little peasant top, but I'm wearing it more like a little flyaway jacket. I'm worried that it might make me look a little chubby, but if I wear it over a fitted skirt and cami, I think it will be OK. I did some shopping this weekend, and I'm so excited that knit vests will be stylish for fall! I have one nearly done and would love to make another. I have a vogue knitting pattern for a cropped u-neck that I'm just itching to try. Sweater vests really speak to my inner nerd, and you gotta love that!

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Hey, JayJay -- cousin -- I feel for you. I've haven't been away from Mike for over a week since we were married! Your blog is neat.

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 Things I've learnt from my time apart from Jay-Jay:

1) I do not eat enough vegetables and fresh fruit (fruit flavored candy doesn't count).

2) The Farmers' Market is a must shop stop each weekend (see #1)

3) Everyone needs sleep, even when you don't want to.

4) Talking on the phone with your wife until 1-2am each night is not a smart move when you have to get up at 6:30 (see #3)

5) Not talking to your wife with Jay-Jay until 1-2am makes me crabby the next day.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

Aw how sweet...I wish I could get my future-hubby to leave me blog comments. But then he'd see the surprise socks, so that's not cool. I'm clearly way behind in my blog reading, but wanted to tell you that I love the print of your peasant/flyaway top. Hope you see your hubby soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home