Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

We're a movin' on up

..to the east side. To a deluxe apartment in the sky.... (I love The Jeffersons, don't you?)

well, actually our new "deluxe apartment" is on the first floor, and is in the downtown not the east side, but you get the idea. We have officially moved 3,100 miles. Yes, you read that correctly. The only way could have moved significantly farther is if we had gone from northern Maine to San Diego. Hence the lack of blogging. I apologize to the three people who check this blog regularly (hi, Mom). I promise that things will be better from now on.

Although many friends and family referred to our move as a "vacation" to California I feel it necessary to point out that whenever you are keeping tabs on a large yellow 26 foot moving truck which holds everything you own, it really takes the vacation feel out of a trip. We did see a lot of beautiful countryside, though, so I'll take the next few days to share the photos. I want to give a big thanks to my dad, who drove the monstrosity of a truck and managed to get it here with everything intact (yay, Dad!) and my mom who kept him company in the truck. Their feat was especially impressive considering that large diesel trucks are not designed for riding comfort. Who knew? The hubby and I had a much easier time in the car, and we are eternally grateful to my parents for helping us out.

My youngest brother and I have always been a bit competitive, so I guess he must have been feeling outdone by my impressive move. In order to provide adequate competition he decided on a vertical move at the same time as I was moving horizontally.

He actually moved his house up five feet. Now that's impressive!

I imagine a little knitting news is in order. I was able to do quite a bit on our lengthy road trip. I will post some photos once I convince my camera to talk to my computer (more sibling rivalry maybe?).

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! So glad you're here. And the new apt is lovely. Here's to all sorts of good Cali fun, and thanks for hosting my post-call self last eve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home