Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Have You Any Wool?

I've been doing a lot of commenting recently (when I actually blog, that is) on the pecularities of living in Southern California. I feel it only fair to say that so far I really love living here. Californians seem to be very friendly (so far, although don't cut them off on the freeway), and the weather is hard to beat. My biggest dilemna recently is trying to determine what sweaters will be too warm to knit. Will I die of heatstroke in an alpaca sweater, even in January? What if it's very fine guage alpaca? How much cotton knitting am I willing to do before I break down and buy some nice stretchy wool? I guess I could always save my wooly sweaters for visits to Wisconsin

Anyway, I finally have evidence that I've actually been knitting! before you get all worked up at the low cut neckline, I should say that this is actually the back of the Knit.1 tank. It's knit with 3 different brands (one was King Tut) of worsted weight mercerized cotton in dark mauve, pink, and white. The back seems rather low, because there are two eyelets where a ribbon tie will go to form a keyhole. The front is well on it's way and I hope to finish it in the next 2-3 weeks (probably wishful thinking, but I'm allowed to be delusional).

1 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I struggle with this, too. Lately I've started felting wool. It works. It's fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home