Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Our Own Private Haven

I apologize to everyone for taking so long to make a new post. Ever since the husband got back into town, everything seems to be happening at once. I am lucky to find the time to eat, much less blog. But all is well and good in the world, with the husband now permanently joining me is SoCal.

My new job started, and as expected it has been crazy busy! Anyone who thinks college professors have it easy (we only teach a few hours a week, right?) has never actually done it. Hopefully I will be able to keep track of my 100 or so students this semester and make the learning process fun. I'm sure I will have more teaching experiences to post later.

The most exciting thing we've done this past couple weeks is sign on the dotted line for a house! OK, so technically it's not a house yet, just a pile of dirt. It's a really nice pile of dirt on hill, which will be a lovely townhouse by spring. Buying a house seems very surreal to me. The most expensive car I ever purchased was a three-year-old Geo Metro (yes, I know, very sad). The thought of buying a new-built house is a foreign concept. The husband and I have wanted a house for so long, however, that we decided to go for it. Besides, I couldn't talk him into buying a small "knock-down" house that we could fix up ourselves. For some reason, he wanted to buy something we could actually live in.

As for knitting, I've been joining the wonderful group in Orange each week and am actually making progress on the Knit.1 tank. I finished the back, and will post picture soon. I really haven't been working much on my knitting other than what I've done with the knitting group, however, so the way things are going the house may get done first.

1 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Three cheers. Sorry I've been MIA lately. I'm going to TX tomorrow for craziness. I'll call you guys when I get back and we'll have to get together and toast, well, just about everything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home