Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Completion Issues

As I was going over my old blog posts I realized that there is virtually a complete absence of finished objects. Some knitting blogger I am, providing absolutely no completed items for other knitters to look at. I have finished a few things, but one sweater needs to be reblocked (it multiplied in size after I blocked it the first time and it is now too big) and the rest were baby items that I gave away the instant they left the needles (hey, they're lucky I wasn't still knitting at the baby shower). No wonder I've been feeling so ambivalent about my projects lately, with no completed items to serve as positive reinforcement.

So, I offer you my first, real finished object for the blog. It's -wait for it- a scarf!! OK, so not terribly exciting, but it is my first ever completed scarf, and it's a gift for a friend. I chose the yarn specifically with her in mind (it will bring out her lovely blue eyes), and I really hope she likes it!

Pattern: 2X2 rib with 12 stitches
Start/Finish: Nov 4/Nov 13 2006
Yarn: Bouton D'Or Eskimo in blue (I used 129 yds)
Needles: size 11
Notes and Comments: This was really easy and fun to make and the yarn is just gorgeous

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Prof. Knitwit said...

Hi there!

Thanks for your post, and it's great to hear from another knitting prof! The scarf is lovely, and the Seija set looks great. I also have the Happy Hooker book and love it - I think I actually like your color scheme way better. By the way, I am in total agreement with you over the emails that students choose. It's so inappropriate - and it's one of the first things I get after them about when I see that kind of email on a resume!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home