Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Exercising Your Right

Yesterday I voted for the first time as a Californian. Although exciting, it did require some number of crib sheets to negotiate the process. With so many propositions to keep track of, I had to bring along some notes about each to make sure I remembered what I had decided to vote. Also, I had notes about the city council. I plan to stay in this city a long time, so I don't want some asshat running things (sorry for the foul language, but it is politics we're talking about here).

For today's craft project, I am posting my Halloween costume. It seems fitting, because it is the style of dress that a young woman might have worn when women finally won the right to vote (19th Amendment, 1920). I made the dress a few years ago, and recently found all the appropriate accessories for my flapper garb. It only has a couple rows of red fringe, because, well fringe is expensive. The dress is made of stretchy velvet with a decorative v-neck front and some sequin trim. The Saturday before Halloween we went to a family-oriented event with friends, and all the little girls were smitten with my dress. I realized that I'm really still just a girl who likes to play dress up. To add to my excitement, I recently heard a rumor that the hubby's company may have a Christmas masquerade. Really, the only thing better than sequins and velvet is a fancy feather mask (in addition to sequins and velvet, of course)!

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Aren't you just so cute?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home