Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, November 17, 2006

While the Cat's Away

...the mouse will buy tons of yarn and a knitting mag. What? You've never heard that saying before? Well, trust me, it's true. The hubby was away on business from Monday to Thursday and the only solace for my loneliness was to buy yarn. Lots and lots of yarn. I bought 12 skeins of Debbie Bliss DK cotton in teal for a sweater for me and 2 skeins of Dale of Norway sisik (at the bottom of the photo, in the bags). The sisik I plan to knit along with some dark green woolease to make the wavy gravy scarf from SnB Nation (another holiday gift). I got a great deal on both from Little Knits. I also went to Velona's yesterday, looking for some items to help complete projects. The Sugar N Cream yarn is for some crochet potholders (I had looked high and low for these colors until I went to Velona's) and then some baby yarn for another crochet baby afgan. The cream yarn is Lamb's Pride worsted and is intended for the yarn dying party I'm attending this weekend hosted by the lovely Anne of Crafty Diversions. I am really looking forward to the party! Crafters really are the best people.

In addition to all the yarn, I used a 50% coupon at JoAnn's to buy the new Vogue Knitting. They have a great article on knitting and books, as well as some really cute patterns. My husband really loved the look of a short-sleeved sweater in the "Foreign Affair" section, so I may try making that in the spring. I also want to make this, as I'm a little obsessed with vests at the moment. Overall, I think it's a really good issue, especially at half price!

2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Prof. Knitwit said...

I do the same exact thing!! When hubby is not around, I always sneak out to the LYS - even just to buy some sock yarn...because that doesn't count, right??!! Looks like you got some fab booty!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Of course! What's a girl to do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home