Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Holiday Redux

Happy Birthday to my "little brother"!!! His birthday was yesterday, so I just wanted to acknowledge him. He turned the ripe old age of 26 (I vaguely remember my 20s). He's a great guy, and even bought me knitting books for Christmas. You can't get much better than that!

I also realized that in my last couple posts I never mentioned what I did over Thanksgiving. It was a lovely week of spending time with friends and relaxing. Sure, I should have been working (chapter to write, papers to grade, lectures to prep), but it was nice to ignore it all for a little while. On Thanksgiving we had a lovely meal out with a good friend and her family in San Diego. We had a wonderful time catching up and showing the hubby San Diego for the first. On Saturday, we hosted a few friends at our apartment for "Thanksgiving" dinner. We made:

12-lb turkey
mashed yukon gold potatoes
carmelized mashed sweet potatoes
sausage stuffing
pear-cranberry-jalepeno chutney
homemade cloverleaf rolls
dill-vinegar cucumber salad
pumkin cheesecake (we cheated a little and bought a Cheesecake Factory one. Yum!)

Our friends brought a delicious carrot salad, lovely flowers, and wonderful conversation.

This past weekend, I started to come down with a cold. A whole semester of fighting off various viruses and my immune system was finally worn down. So, my amusing banter for this post will have to kept to a minimum. It requires too much thought. Instead, I will show you with a progress shot of a scarf I'm making for a Christmas gift. It's made of baby Misti Alpaca Bulk and is softer than you can imagine. My husband says it's like touching clouds. The color is a lot more muted in person, more of a burnt orange.

3 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Prof. Knitwit said...

Wow! And you were impressed by my Thanksgiving??!! All that food sounds amazing! By the way, the scarf looks fantastic!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

It was amazing! Yummy! I just got assigned my uncle in the Christmas pollyana, so I'm making a bulky alpaca mistake stitch rib scarf. At least it goes fast, right? Because I have to mail to the east coast. Soon.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Anne said...

oh my, i am now salivating at your turkey day menu. the carmelized mashed potatoes sound so divine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home