Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Obeying the Rules

"If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere." - Marilyn Monroe

Just some more words of wisdom from my "Women's Wit" calendar. I know it's hard to believe, but I had a lot of trouble following the rules in high school (insert snicker here for all my real life friends). At the time, I thought of myself as a true individualist, living outside the rules, taking my own path. In reality, I was just a typical rebellious teenager.

In my defense, sometimes my sense of humor got me in trouble. After getting caught skipping school (which I only did once and managed to get caught), I had to complete a truancy form filled with stupid questions that would never in a million years make a teenager think twice about skipping school. Things like, "What can you do to you make sure you will attend school in the future?" I thought the whole thing must surely be a joke and responded as such. For example, to the above questions I replied "I will make my best effort to give a crap about the inane useless subjects we are studying." Needless to say, I earned a few more detentions with my responses. Some people have no sense of humor.

Anyway, I've gotten a lot better about following the rules. Thankfully, knitting patterns aren't as strict as high school principals. Here is a photo of the scarf I'm working on a gift for a friend. I'm using the manly scarf pattern from the Knitting Queen


I've also been working away at potholders for the potholder/recipe swap. Unfortunately, I was an idiot and forgot that today was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, which means the post office is closed. So, it will be mailed a day late (sorry, Gretchen!). Hopefully, she won't give me any detentions (even though I really deserve one). ;) Pictures of the final package will follow, once my swap partner receives her goodies.

3 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Yeah, MLK Day came awfully soon after all those other holidays! I'll give you a call about this weekend. It would be great to see you guys, but let's see how quickly I can recover from this illness.

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I bet you'd love to have a copy of that stupid form with your funny answers. That sounds priceless.

I hope you've acquired a more healthy respect of the rules by now, young lady!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Anne said...

You needed more skilled friends to teach you to how to skip school without getting caught. After a "lesson" from a very bad friend, I went from perfect attendance to missing close to the maximum allowable absences in one semester!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home