Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Five Things I Love

In honor of Valentine's Day last week, Professor Knitwit posted five things she loves (other than the obvious stuff like the husband, etc). So here is my love meme:

1. Sleeping in. For awhile I was a morning person. Much to my husband's relief, I've been cured of that afflication. There's nothing like the knowledge that you have no place you need to be and you can just ignore the clock and sleep.

2. Starting a new craft project. Even if you have a dozen projects already in the works, starting something new is always more fun. Also, it feeds into my love of shopping, since a new project always needs something purchased.

3. Coffee and pastries. Each one alone is pretty great, but together they're magic. I blame my German heritage for this particular love.

4. Long, hot baths. I grew up in place where you could freeze to death getting the mail. 'nuff said.

5. Reading for pleasure. I do a lot of reading to keep up with my research and teaching and I generally enjoy that type of reading, but there's something different about reading just for fun. The mere thought of the new Harry Potter book coming out it July is making me tingle with anticipation.

I also have some actual knitting content for the blog. Here is another scarf I'm working on. It's a nice, collegiate-looking scarf using Wool-Ease worsted in forest heather and oxford grey (both doubled) and Wool-Ease Chunky in willow. The pattern is called country home striped scarf. I haven't gotten very far yet, partly because the dark green is painful to see when working a pattern, but the grey and lighter green should be easier. Once I finish the manly scarf and vogue vest, I will put more time into this project. Also, just to share even more love, here is what I did this weekend. I actually baked a cake from scratch in honor of my husband's birthday. Is that domestic or what? Now, I just need to make a pot of coffee and I'll be all set.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Happy B-day to your beloved! Hmmm... cake dunked in coffee...

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Day again to Nigel! We had such a great time hanging out with you guys last week. And your list of loves? Reads an awful lot like mine might . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home