Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Less Paperwork

"What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork." - Pearl Bailey

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever and the reason is the paperwork: testmaking, papers, assignments. What they don't tell you in grad school is that academia is full of paperwork. I thought I was going to get to hang out with students discussing theories, designing experiments, and contemplating the meaning of life. Instead, I'm filling out yet another form for our field trip next week and creating a study guide for the next exam. Perhaps once I'm done with my paperwork I will have a couple minutes left for theorizing. Maybe this is why there are so many crappy theories?

I have had a little time, very late at night for knitting. I am pushing to finish my Vogue vest before it's too warm to wear it. From today's weather one might think that it is already too late, but there will probably be a few more cold days even here in southern California. As you may remember the back is completely done, and I am now very close to finishing the front. I can already taste the victory of completion! Now if only I could make a sweater that takes less than a year to finish.

I thought I'd include a few fun photos of my non-crafting activities (they are few, but they do exist). Last weekend the hubby and I went to the LA Zoo, which is under construction while they build some exciting new exhibits. Despite the construction, there were still some great animals to see:

5 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

The vest looks FABULOUS. Congrats on the 'almost' FO!

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sweater is looking really great -- it looks almost done, right? I hope you do get a few more chilly days so you can wear it (maybe we in New England can borrow your warm weather while you're not using it?)!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Prof. Knitwit said...

I definitely hear you about the paperwork. It's really never ending. Love the vest! It looks fabulous - such a great color!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

There's always June Gloom - plenty of time to wear it!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Anne said...

the vest is looking really good! i hope the recent heat doesn't last long so that you'll get a chance to wear it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home