Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Being Bored

"I'm afraid of nothing except being bored." - Greta Garbo

Do you remember when during summer break as a child you would get tired of the same old games, books, television shows, and begin to whine "I'm bored" until your parents would take you to the lake or out for ice cream? Often I envy those lazy summer days, especially when I've just had a crazy week with way too much to do like this one. For at least a week, I've been looking longingly at my knitting, knowing I had no time to work on it. Hopefully, things will get a little easier as the semester winds down.

For the most part, I find that these days even if I have free time I am never bored, and I generally like it that way. The way I figure it, those dozens of projects I've got going on all at once are keeping my mind sharp! (Maybe, you never know right?) Speaking of not getting bored, my birthday yielded a wealth of new knitting books.



There are so many new projects I want to start! I included the Johnny Cash CD in the photo because it will provide a musical accompaniment to my knitting. Come to think of it, Johnny Cash reminds me of my childhood too. Now all I need is a rainbow poncho, some bell bottoms, and I'm set to go!

Thanks for all your wonderful input on the baby items! I have decided that you are all correct and the mint green/blue combo blanket is perfectly fine for a boy. Here is a photo of the finished blanket, with the satin blanket edging and the patches embroidered on:



It feels so soft and cuddly!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger CraftyCanadian said...

I wholeheartedly agree - multiple projects DO keep the mind sharp! Congrats on the new additions to the book collection. Inspiration is a wonderfull thing isn't it? The blankie is beautiful, I'm sure the recipient (and his mom) will love it :)

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Prof. Knitwit said...

I love the blanket - it's adorable!! Hey and you've got some great books there - I can't wait to see what you end up making.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Great books! My husband has converted me to a Johnny Cash fan.

Great blanket! It turned out really well, and I am certain will be much appreciated.

I hope you get time to knit!

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blanket is beautiful. I love it - great job!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Given the chilly experience on Thursday, I suggest knitting some fingerless gloves when you have time, in case there's another windstorm! :)

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

The blanket looks so cute. Babies seem to love those satin edges - chewing on them anyway. And I agree with you, I wish I had the time to be bored.

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blanket looks fantastic! This will surely become a "wubbie"....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home