Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

How Interesting?

Here are the rules: Tell seven things about yourself on your blog, then tag seven other people to do the same. List who you are tagging on your blog, and leave a comment on their blogs to let them know they've been tagged. I was tagged by jenfromRI . Even though I think of myself as fairly boring, here is my contribution to the 7 interesting things about me meme:

1. I used to have a pet calf named Measles. She was a mistaken cross (inseminator mistake) between a guernsey and a jersey, and had red splotches. She was quite a lot of fun to have roaming around the farm, but we had to tie her up once the dog taught her to chase cars.

2. I am so psychologically addicted to caffeine that I sometimes daydream about coffee. I am trying very hard to kick the habit, as it is rather unhealthy, but the fantasies about lattes are getting a little out of control.

3. I was voted "class clown" in high school. Although I will admit that I was known as a bit of a jokester, I was very bitter about it and felt that I should have been voted "most likely to succeed." The person who was voted "most likely to succeed" instead of me actually dropped out of college and I now have a Ph.D., so you be the judge. Not that I'm still bitter or anything.

4. I collect glass grapes. I don't really know why, I just do.

5. When I was 16 I wanted to be an actress. I decided against it when I discovered that most actors can actually sing and dance with some skill.

6. I am a fairly good polka dancer and used to have my own polka music tape.

7. In high school I took drum set lessons, mostly because I wanted to be the drummer in a girl band. (Why the drummer you ask? Please see #5 above and the comment about dancing and singing)

Most people have already done this meme, so I'll only tag a few people rather than seven: Crafty Canadian, Anne, Professor Knitwit, and Cranberry. I would tag Jennifer as well, but she just had a baby, so I'm sure she's too busy. But, be sure and go by her blog and check out the photos of cute little Jakob! Actual crafting and knitting content will be coming soon, I promise! (My new summer workout schedule is kicking my butt, so I haven't gotten around to taking photos lately).

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

Wow, you got this done way quicker than I did. I'm glad I'm not the only one with latte fantasies - they are not good for the budget.

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger cranberry said...

Ooooh, summer workout schedule, huh?

Yes, I need to get up and move about myself. Not necessarily to lose weight (although won't mind if I did) but just to feel less of slug.

Hah, I hear you about dancing and singing. I can't imagine Angelina Jolie dancing or singing though. Probably Brad Pitt, but not his partner.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Coffee is actually pretty good for you. It has more different types of antioxidants than any other kind of food (even when it's decaffeinated). It also helps prevent Parkinson's Disease in a mouse model.

I would have liked Measles.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Anne said...

#5 and 7 are the best!!

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Ambaa said...

I love to polka! There's no funner dance out there if you ask me. The only person I can do it with these days is Bill's 88 year old grandmother.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

I thought actors only needed to be able to act? It's only once you add the "slash" that you get into trouble. (You know, actor-slash-singer, or actor-slash-dancer, etc). :)

I took a few minutes at my mom's to go through some blogs and I'm started with yours because you're one of the few who still comments on mine! I'm still catching up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home