Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A Manly Project

There's nothing like having a blog to use as an excuse to avoid work. The end of the semester is kicking my butt, however I'd much rather knit and blog about said knitting than actually do that work. I figure after 12 hours of work, my mind needs a break! It may very well be that knitting is the only thing keeping me sane.

With that in mind, I want to show off my latest FO for 2007.



Yarn: Unger Aries (45% wool/55% acrylic) in light gray
Dale of Norway Sisik (30% mohair/30% wool/34% acrylic/6% rayon) in #156
Knitted with both yarns held together

Pattern: Manly Scarf pattern from Knitting Queen

Changes: adjusted the number of stitches cast on to suit my desired width with the doubled yarn

Yardage: about 300 yards of each

Needles: US size 8

Start/End Date: Started on January 3, 2007 and finished on April 30, 2007

Notes: Fun, easy pattern that really does look "manly" but interesting! You can see the lovely texture and colors below. I sure hope the recipient likes it!



I feel like I'm on a roll turning some long-term UFOs into FOs! I have another project that only needs seaming and a crochet edge, and it will be done too.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger CraftyCanadian said...

Very nice scarf Jay Jay! I love the tweedy-ness :)

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I don't love finishing, but it sure does beat grading. Amazing what you can then accomplish!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

Looks great! Very "Manly"- although I love the gray myself. Think you can get on a finishing roll? Good luck!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger cranberry said...

That's gorge! It's very masculine, but yet not too clumsy and overbearing, you know?

Neat.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Prof. Knitwit said...

Lovely scarf! Boy, do I hear you about the end of the semester. Just think...before you know it, summer break will be upon us and things will be ever so slightly more manageable.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Great combination of stitch pattern and yarn. I love tweed yarns!

Good luck ending the semester!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home