Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Year In Review

Those of us in academia know that the year really doesn't start in January, it starts in August. And it doesn't end in December, it ends in May as soon as your final grades are turned in (this morning). Sure, I'll spend the summer working like a dog on all that research and writing I didn't do this year and that are required if I want tenure, but for the moment I get to savor the feeling that summer vacation has started. So, how was my first year? It was probably the hardest I've ever worked, but also the most rewarding. I think these photos sum it up:

As part of a fundraiser for a student organization, professors volunteered to allow students (or anyone else) to donate money towards getting a pie in the face. The top four money getters were pied. I thought it sounded funny and never thought I would "win." Boy, was I wrong. I suspect a couple of other professors may have donated money to tip the balance. So, here is the evidence that I was indeed pied. The year was often messy and lots of work (for clean up), but at least it was sweet!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

At least you got a drape to protect your clothes!

Congratulations on finishing your first year!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

OMG! What a fun and hilarious way to rais money. Congrats to you!!
=:8

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Tee hee hee! We missed you at Brown this weekend, but glad you're finishing up in this academic setting!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger cranberry said...

Oh dear. They got you good, huh? I hear you about the academic year. Used to teach high school myself, miss it at times, but what to do.

Hey, got pictures of the loop d loop crochet. Thought you'd like to see?
http://cranberry-twosticksandanafro.blogspot.com/

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

You've been tagged!

www.newtonsknitting.blogspot.com

Hey - I also just noticed you're wearing your watch while getting pied. Brave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home