Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer Knitting

Even though some disagree, summer can be a fun time to knit, as long as you put away that heavy wool sweater and pull out some warm weather yarns. As for patterns, anything lacy and full of holes is a good choice. To that end, I have started the spiderweb capelet from SnB Nation. The capelet is actually for me, to keep the chill off my shoulders on cool summer evenings.

Working on the capelet should be good practice, since I recently joined Mystery Stole 3. Not wanting to break my trend of joining a lace knitalong every summer (last summer it was The Amazing Lace), I convinced myself it would be a good idea. This was assisted by the extremely generous offer from Theresa of Knitting Underway, who graciously offered to send me the lace weight yarn leftover from one the most impressive lace projects ever, the 8-ft by 8-ft chuppah she made for a friend's wedding. Thanks Theresa!

Next is the ball-band dishcloth which is a gift for a friend. As many before me have said, these dishcloths are fun!
In addition to the capelet and the mystery shawl, I have several other cotton and/or short sleeve sweaters in the queue. It would seem that my summer will be full of knitting!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I took it to the post office yesterday - should be there soon!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Very pretty blue for the capelet. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

I'll have to try a dishcloth. I've been given cotton yarn to do it, and you are right: it is a good summer project. Yours looks great!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

Enjoy your lace knitting - that chuppah is amazing, huh??

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger cranberry said...

Ooooh. I'm not brave enough to attempt lace knitting as yet.

I am just not brave enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home