Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Wordy enough for you?

Despite a rather poor performance on the verbal portion of the GRE some 10+ years ago, I feel that my vocabulary is fairly descent. However, it's always nice to have a random internet test confirm that.

Your Vocabulary Score: A

Congratulations on your multifarious vocabulary!
You must be quite an erudite person.


But what of my knitting vocabulary? I just recently sat down and figured out the difference between M1 and kfb. It seems sort of obvious now, but in the projects I've done so far it honestly didn't matter how I managed to increase, so I never gave it too much thought. Also, this morning I figured out how to do icord, so I could finish the umbilical cord hat form Stitch 'N Bitch properly. I used Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino. It may be an expensive yarn, but it is extremely soft and has beautiful stitch definition. The icord was so easy that I feel rather foolish for not learning sooner. I think I may need to try some cables soon!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

A warning - if you try cables, you will soon be putting them on EVERYTHING, because they are addicting. Plus pretty.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger cranberry said...

Hee! I know what you mean about increases. But I find the yf&b neater than the m1. No holes, no drama.

I never saw myself doing cables until I did Fetching from Knitty. After I did the cables I understood what the fuss was about.

I like the Norah Gaughn jacket from Interweave too! But I need to find a sub for the yarn that she uses. I'm in the UK, we don't have Berroco yarns here. :*(

Thanks for the headsup on Fitted Knits. I might just have to get it after all.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Prof. Knitwit said...

Hey! Thanks for the vocab quiz! Something tells me that it's not so valid though - I also didn't score the best on my verbal GREs but also scored an A!!

Anyway, love the hat! It's adorable!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

Look at all the projects you've been doing! (Sum total of the summer so far). They look great! Please try cables soon- they are as addictive as Pringles or popcorn without all the fat, plus they REALLY impress non-knitters!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Great baby hat! You must try cables! They really aren't difficult, it's just a technique for knitting stitches out of order. But everyone is right--they are addicting!

I did really well on the verbal GRE (parents are literature profs), so I'm not sure I want to know if I've kept up my vocab skills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home