Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, August 31, 2007

It's Not the Heat

First, I want to thank everyone for your sympathies regarding our house issues. Jennifer even offered to have her husband go give them a piece of his mind, if only they lived a little closer. I've been told that these kinds of delays and issues are not uncommon on new build, but when it's your house it really is exasperating.

The other day in what seemed to me to be sweltering heat I got on a very crowded bus. At the front of the bus is a woman looking much too comfortable in a fur-trimmed coat. I had to wonder, were drugs to blame or do native Californians have a greater tolerance for this weather? Most of the year I would have to say that the weather here is about as perfect as you could ever hope for, but there are days in the summer when the heat just wilts you when you walk out the door. At least that's what it does to this Wisconsin girl. Knitting a wooly sweater is far from my mind on these days. Unfortunately, this means I've been puttering away at smaller, less interesting projects (see below).

I have been working on another Seija blanket (left), Knit and Tonic's beret Le Slouch (middle, and the baby kimona from Mason-Dixon Knitting (right).


Other than knitting small projects, much has been happening in my household lately, so I will try to catch you up in the next few posts. Just as a warning though, my parents are visiting next week so I may be posting less as I try to keep up with my classes and still spend time with them. I will try to post next weekend at the latest and maybe even have some progress on my knitting to show for it (I wouldn't hold my breath, though).

Also, next Thursday my husband and I will celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary. It won't be quite as romantic with my parents here, but we'll all go out to dinner together and enjoy it nonetheless. I can't complain too much, since last year they spent their 35th wedding anniversary with us. It was not the most pleasant of circumstances either, since they had just helped us move from Rhode Island to California and we were not even close to unpacked. They really are wonderful parents.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Yay - Happy Anniversary! I think I recognize that yellow cotton. Coincidentally enough I just made that pattern in that yarn. It took a little more than 2 skeins. Did I send you 2 or 3? I have more if you need it - just let me know.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger handicraft cafe said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Congrats on the wedding anniversary. Well , you do have more than just that to celebrate with the parental units! Double congrats!!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

Happy Anniversary!

The heat was killer last week even up here in the north. I want "real" autumn.

Have a great visit with your family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home