Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Lazy Days of Summer

I feel like a slacker, as I've been blogging less than usual. As I peruse the other blogs I regularly visit, though, I've noticed there may be a general trend in this direction. Also, there are a lot more non-knitting posts than usual. I think there are a lot of reasons for this recent decrease in blogging/knitting activity.

1. Weather - it is so darn hot in most places that yarn is just not as appealing as usual (and I never thought I'd say that). Even cotton yarn seems heavy in 100 degree heat.

2. Vacations - we are all trying to go to the beach, see friends, barbecue, and travel before the summer is over.

3. Harry Potter 7 - who can think about knitting when the very last book has just come out? I confess, for several days I was reading it whenever I could spare 5 minutes. This seriously cut into my knitting and blogging time (also, my cooking, working, and socializing time, but it was worth it).

Just to prove that I am doing a little crafting, here is another FO. I know you are all super tired of seeing these, but it makes a great baby gift and sizing is not an issue. This one has already been gifted to its new owner, who seemed to like it very much (well, her mom and dad did, anyway).

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in white and pink, Patons Canadiana in Baby
Pattern: Seija blanket in The Happy Hooker
Changes: I added a shell edge and left out the braided trim.
Yardage: 2/3 of the skeins of pink and white, and nearly the whole skein of the Canadiana.
Hook: size H

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger cranberry said...

Oooh, that is luverly.

Yeah, the last Harry Potter was good on the first read, but when I started telling my stepson about the plot, i recognised that Rowling had a lot of plotholes. Oh well. May the books be tightly edited in the future.

I hear you on the knitting. I'm just looking and buying yarns. I definately need to get some yarn on the needles for the fall though.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Of all the projects to do in 100 degree weather! Let's catch up soon. I'm on call today in the ICU - yay! - but this week?

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I'm half-way through Book 7, so I don't know how much knitting I'll get done this weekend.

Lovely baby blanket! I think they are a smart baby gift. Babies are born so many different sizes and grow so quickly, that I think a blanket that will work for a good long while no matter how fast the baby grows makes the best sense.

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not tired of seeing those! The blanket looks great and is a wonderful gift. I mean, a baby can only use an article of clothing for as long as it fits (what, 2 weeks?), but a blanket can span years and years.

I'm thinking of getting the Happy Hooker and just seeing what happens. Maybe having it in the house will help me decide whether I want to venture into the land of crochet.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Anne said...

That's a hot project for summer! I have also been very lazy and unproductive. The heat makes me feel like a giant blubbery seal just lazing around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home