Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Oppression

"Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!" - quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)

This is my favorite quote from that movie, and that's saying a lot since it is one of my all-time favorite movies (I must admit that the British sense of humour really appeals to me). During grad school I actually hung this above my desk for awhile. I was not feeling the love from my grad program at that time, to say the least. I am feeling a bit oppressed this week with all the work I need to catch up on (although not nearly to the same extent). I have to turn in some tenure-related materials by Monday, so I've been slaving away at that, while trying to keep up with classes and get some writing and research done. Whew!

Last week I didn't get much done because my parents were visiting and the hubby and I celebrated our 4-year anniversary. It was all quite fun! We went to Laguna beach on Labor Day, which was lovely, and then hung out and tried to stay cool for the rest of the week (temps hit 100 early in the week).

The hubby came home yesterday and said that someone at work told him that marriage goes downhill fast after five years. At least we still have one good year left! ;) I promise that there will be actual knitting in my next post, but in honor of our anniversary I thought I'd post a wedding photo (one without the hubby, since that might embarrass him; he's quite camera shy). This is a digital photo taken by a friend, so the color of my flowers didn't turn out quite right (they were actually deep burgundy). I can't believe it's already been four years!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger CraftyCanadian said...

BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on 4 years :)

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Beautiful wedding photo! M and I have been married for 8 years, and we've noticed no decline.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Ambaa said...

You look amazing. Great photo.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

You look beautiful! I love the contrast of you/your dress vs the stairs/setting. Happy 4th Anniversary!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

Lovely picture! I second Brenda - no decline after almost eight years + three kids here. I think you'll be okay. :)

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Yay! Happy 4th! We'll have to celebrate soon - we'll talk.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger cranberry said...

Pretty!

You (almost) make me wish I'd gotten married in a white dress instead of eloping!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Anne said...

aww, you look beautiful!

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I know that location! You can practically see my office window from there!

Congratulations on your anniversary. Your husbands colleague sounds like a delightful fellow, by the way. Just because his wife decided she couldn't put up with him anymore after five years doesn't make it a trend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home