Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Starting People

Babies are such a nice way to start people. ~Don Herrold

Thanks for all the wonderful congratulations on the baby! We waited a long time for this, and are both so thrilled (along with our families, who are beside themselves with excitement). We required a lot of medical assistance for this baby, and I feel very lucky to live in a day and age when my medical problems didn't prevent us from starting a family.

I am due in mid-March and am nearly four months along, which makes me very happy. The first trimester was full of nausea and exhaustion. I'm pretty sure that the person who first used the saying "sick and tired" was referring to being pregnant. The second trimester I've had a lot more energy and very little nausea. (Yippee!) I'm optimistic that this will mean a lot more knitting for the next 3 months or so.

It's been a little chilly here in sunny, southern California, so I've been working on my Le Slouch. The seed stitch is rather slow going, but it is looking pretty cute:


I hope to finish my Le Slouch in the next couple weeks. I had also started a baby kimono in yellow (we don't know the sex of the baby yet), but I'm worried about the fit after reading about Theresa's experience. I may just frog it and start something new instead. Any suggestions for some really great baby sweater patterns?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

I don't have the links handy at the moment, but from what I've knit, my favorites are:
- "Christine's baby booties" that look almost like moonboots are adorable and really fast to knit. - the child's placket neck pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts is easy, seamless and fun (but use the pdf of new instructions free on her website 'cus there are too many errors in the book...so you don't even need the book)
Also using sock yarn to knit sweaters is fun. Sheldon was fun and quick, from Knitty. If you want a lot of inspiration, view or join the "knitty bloggy baby bumpers" blog at http://bloggybabybumpers.blogspot.com/
it's a group blog where members post pics of stuff they knit for babies. This way you can see finished products.

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the pattern you are using for the kimono the one we found at Suzoo's (knit in lilac)? If not, I have that other pattern, and it looks pretty easy.....
Le Slouch looks great!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger cranberry said...

Elizabeth Zimmerman's 'Easy Sunrise Jacket' seems to be a favourite. Also, it will make you come to grips with her top down, percentage style. Might as well see what other people are speaking about, yeah? You could do a totem (so cute!) too.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket is knit by almost all the expectant knit-blogger moms that I read. It's supposed to be fun and looks really cute in solids and variegated yarns.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love everything from "Natural Knits for Babies and Moms" (Louisa Harding) as well as "Knitting for Baby" (Melanie Falick). There's a baby sweater in "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" that's cute too.

Glad to know that your long journey to parenthood will be rewarded very soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home