Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Weird People

"I'm one of those regular weird people." -Janis Joplin

I've always felt that perhaps I was a little different from other people, but hopefully not too different. I guess I'm just a regular weird person. I'm sure my family and friends would support me on at least the weird part. For example, I very rarely read fiction. My preference is for "how-to" books. I figure if I'm going to read I should learn how to do something at the same time. I have a lot of knowledge about pack in/pack out camping in remote areas. Do I actually do this kind of camping? Nope, but I read a book about it. I also read a book about day hiking which was pretty cool. I have to admit that it's a lot less work to read about these activities than to actually do them.

Most knitters start too many things and then have trouble completing them, a problem often referred to as startitus. Lately, I've been having the opposite problem, I haven't wanted to really start anything. I finally decided I had to do SOMETHING, so I am swatching for the body of the Schachenmayr sweater.


The beads in the photo are some new ones I picked up to work on making Christmas gifts. I thought these were pretty in a nice light green, similar to the light green of the Jaeger Trinity yarn.
Here is what the finished product should look like:

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In response to your comment on my blog, Bill's class is in Santa Monica. We live in La Habra. It's a very long way. No time to go and come back. And there's not even enough time to drop me at home on the way. That's the real downside to living 10 miles from any highway. And I think the people I'm likely to see on Halloween would understand my costume. Then again, no one got my Kaylie costume last year.

That sweater looks sexy. I look forward to watching its progress.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

I do the same thing, with tv. I have watched documentaries on anything from Koko the gorilla to monster trucks.

That green yarn (and those beads) are so pretty. The sweater looks like a fun intricate project to keep you busy!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

The sweater is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the progress. What are you making with the beads?

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger cranberry said...

So pretty! I love that jumper!

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Anne said...

hey, if you're ever in a survival situation, you'd know how-to camp and make all sorts of stuff! I watch documentaries a lot and read non-fiction that make most people yawn, like the anthropological study of the social make-up of some hill tribe in a country or continent I will probably never visit.

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home