Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, October 12, 2007

The Pom-Pom Squad

Having crafty friends means that you get really cool gifts like this:



For those of you who don't know, it's a pom-pom tree, used to quickly and easily produce pom-poms. My very wise friend decided that with a baby on the way, I was in dire need of same way to decorate knitted baby items. While I don't plan to force my poor infant to wear oodles of pom-poms like a small, human-like poodle, they really are a nice decorative touch on certain items. Take the recently adorned items below, for example:
Not only was I able to put the finishing touches on my spiderweb capelet (I will devote the next post to its specs), but I was also able to decorate these two cute baby hats. These hats will likely be stored away for baby gifts (have I mentioned that I always need lots of baby gifts; my friends are very fertile it would seem). If you have any need of making pom-poms, I can't say enough good things about the tree! Oh, and to answer the question posed by jenfromRI, I am feeling pretty good, but could really do without the indigestion and I do have to pee quite a bit more often than is considered usual.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

That is cool! I can honestly say I have never seen one of those before.

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I hate pom-poms, those are really cute

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger michaele said...

Never sen a pompom tree before! Crazy.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

That thing is so cute! How do you make pom-poms on it?

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger cranberry said...

That's so cute! How do you make pompoms from it?

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The capelet looks awesome!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Now I know where to go with all of my pompom needs . . .

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Anne said...

cute for baby hats! I hope though, never to see your X-mas tree decorated with lots of yarn pom-poms as ornaments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home