Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Monday, December 10, 2007

A Slow End to the Year

I apologize to all my usual posters and those whose blogs I regularly visit. I am slowly catching up reading about your lives and posting comments. Obviously, the moving/pregnant/end-of-the-semester combo is killing me timewise and many things other than my blog are also suffering. At this very moment I am extremely far behind in grading and have a paper review that is overdue and a chapter that needs to be written by Friday. I'm hoping you will feel honored that I took the time to post rather than work on these things (OK, perhaps honored is a strong word, but at least understanding as to why there is so little knitting content).

The truth is that very little knitting has been going on. My one-piece baby kimono is nearly finished, and I am quite happy with how it is turning out. I am eager to try my hand at another baby sweater soon and the Child’s Placket-Neck Pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts may be just the thing. Rachel from Lickety Knit just posted an adorable version, and made me want one too.

I also want to finish my Le Slouch before New Year's so I can wear it in Las Vegas. My brother is getting married there just after New Year's, so I just bought a very cute maternity coat from Target so I look stylish while not freezing to death.



I think the burgundy beret will be a lovely complement and may help me reach my goal of looking like a stylish pregnant woman. However, I have to admit that sweats and tshirts are looking better and better as my belly is expanding and I am "outgrowing" some of my maternity clothes.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger cranberry said...

Take care of you and your bump! We'll be here when you get back! So glad that you're moving into your house and just nesting.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

That coat would be pretty cute even if you weren't pregnant. You guys sound crazy busy. Maybe we should wait until after the holidays?

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

What a cute coat! Is it crazy that at 7 months postpartum I'm still in my comfy pregancy jeans?

Worry about your work/move/family/baby. Worry about us later.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Anne said...

That is a very cute coat.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that IS a great maternity coat. Good find!

I hope things have settled down for you a little bit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home