Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Dress Rehearsal?

Thanks for the compliments on my belly. For once, having a large belly is actually good! As for how close the big day is, I will be 40 weeks along in 7 weeks. However, the baby may be making her appearance a little sooner than that. Tuesday was my first day of class, so I got up, did some things around the house, and started getting ready for school. I soon realized something wasn't quite right. I called my doctor and ended up being admitted into the hospital for observation. Evidently, my body is trying to jump the gun a little, so I am home resting for a few days. Our goal is to make it to at least February 4 before this little one makes her debut, but the hubby and I are really hoping for longer. Her room isn't ready yet, and we haven't even bought a carseat! Just another lesson to remind us that we are no longer in control, I suppose.

The baby has also been on my mind for knitting as well. Take for example this knitted beach outfit from the book I received from Jennifer. I don't want to make it using as many colors (the hubby says that it looks too "court jester" the way it is), but the idea of the baby in this cute romper and hat at the beach was too much to resist. As luck would have it, soon after falling in love with the pattern I went to Alamitos Bay Yarn Company with Theresa of Knitting Underway. She and the hubby helped me pick out some adorable yarn so I can make it for the baby. I plan to use the blue for the main body and the green for trim. The hat would alternate the two colors.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Sounds like some knitting time is just what the doctor ordered. Hang in there!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

That outfit is too cute! I hope your little one gives you some more time to get everything ready for her! Funny, once it is ready is when you'll start getting impatient. :)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

That is going to look so cute! I love babies in rompers, especially with their little bare feet sticking out. I loved putting Jakob in rompers, it was so nice to have a summer-ish baby. I'm glad the book will get some use!

Re: an early baby...get your rest! Have your husband pick up the carseat (do they have the same laws there that you can't leave the hospital without the baby in a carseat?), let him paint or organize or whatever, and you just rest and knit. I completely remember what it was like at the end, and I'd been having false contractions since 6 mo. If you're having the real thing start you don't want to mess around! Even though I'm sure you can't wait to meet her, remind your little girl that it is in her best interests to stay put! :)

Ok, that's enough mothering from me now. I need a nap. :]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home