Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Vegas, Baby

I wanted to post a quick New Year's post before the hubby and I drive off to Vegas for the weekend. Yes, we plan to have a rockin' good time in the city that never sleeps, particularly since my current bedtime is about 9:30 pm (being 7 months pregnant does cut into your night life). My younger brother is getting married, though, so I am really looking forward to the trip. Perhaps I will post some lovely photos of me looking very pregnant in my dress when I get back, if there actually are any photos that turn out lovely (I've heard that an extra large bouquet was ordered to offset my belly, so we'll see).

Much like other folks, I wanted to post a recap of 2007. Last year I basically gave myself three "resolutions" for 2007. How did I do? Well, not nearly as well as I'd hoped considering how low I set the bar, but to be fair to myself I had a busier than average year (new house, pregnancy).

1. organize, organize, organize
We moved into our house about 6 months later than planned, so this organization was really stalled by that (that's my official excuse, anyway). However, my wonderful husband just put all my crafting stuff in the office closet so I could easily access it. Really, is it any wonder I married him?

2. finish the projects in my sidebar
Actually, I've nearly used up all the really, really old yarn in my stash. It seems like there are some yarns I've made into a million different things and still have a skein or two left, but progress has been made. I recently finished several projects and then started a few new projects (posts coming soon).

3. Learn to cable and do colorwork
Hmm, not sure why I never got around to working on these types of projects, but I do think I'm ready to do some more complicated stuff. I did do some actual lace, which was quite fun.

Finally, I have been working through my nonstartitus (inability to start new projects) and have actually cast on for a new project. The pastels should probably give it away that this is indeed for the new baby, but also may reveal a little something more about the baby that you may have missed in my last post. Yep, it's a girl! I am making a fuzzy sweater for her to wear when we visit her grandparents in frigid Wisconsin.


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

The baby sweater is adorable! Must have handknits for visiting grandparents in WI!!

Best wishes for you and your family in 2008, JayJay!

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it doesn't make sense to say "congratulations" when someone tells you the sex of their baby-to-be, since you'd offer the same congratulations for either of the two options, so I'm just say, "Cool! A girl! One more thing you know about your little munchkin!"

Love the super-soft-looking sweater.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

Talk about a busy year! Is that yarn Sirdar's "Snowflake"? I know it is soft once knit...but I knit with it once and I swear it squeaked at me! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home