Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The End in Sight

This morning I was trying to think of a good way to describe how I feel as I head into the end of my pregnancy. Imagine that you are running a marathon and having come a great distance you are now nearing the end. Even though the finish line is still a ways off, you can see it ahead of you. Just as you start to get excited, you get terrible cramps and overpowering nausea. Somehow you still need to make it to the end, however. As I lay awake this morning at 4:30 am with heartburn and an aching body this was the best analogy that I could think of, nevermind that I've never actually run a marathon or given birth. I've never felt encumbered by the need to have firsthand knowledge of examples I use in conversation. Despite the aches and pains I am still doing well, and the hubby and I are getting anxious and excited to finally meet our little girl.

In FO news, I give you the Spiderweb Capelet. OK, I actually finished it ages ago (last summer with the knitting and this fall I added the pompoms), but in a fit of complete laziness I never posted the particulars or action shots. I could make up some lame excuse like not wanting to look fat in the photos or that the yarn bothered my overly sensitive pregnancy skin, but honestly it is incredibly soft and it was pretty easy to take photos that don't really show my belly. It was just one of those things that I never got around to. I also find the idea of "action photos" particularly amusing since I am capable of very little actual activity these days, but I suppose that is not imperative for modeling knits.



Yarn: Lana Gatto Baby Soft
Pattern: Spiderweb Capelet in Stitch 'n Bitch Nation
Changes: None, I knit the pattern as written
Yardage: 1 skein (131 yards), plus a bit more for the pompoms
Needle: US 15 (yes, that's huge)
Time: Started at the end of June and finished knitting in two days, and took another several months to add the ties and pompoms (I was waiting for colder weather ;)
Notes: I should have used a more stretchy cast on, since it was hard to block the lace properly at the bottom edge of the capelet. Other than that, this pattern was extremely easy and made a good first lace project.

Soon I will post a spectacular knitted gift roundup. With a large number of knitting friends, our baby will definitely be the best dressed in the neighborhood!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Very pretty! In California, a capelet like that could be very handy.

I like your marathon analogy, although you are going to end up with something much better than any prize one could get for running a marathon. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Love it! And I think you look radiant these days :)

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

I like your marathon analogy too. Here's hoping that the last part of your marathon has you running down a nice, gradual hill instead of having to run uphill. I've had both experiences, and either way, you still get this wonderful prize at the end!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger michaele said...

that capelet is SUPER CUTE! You are obviously the best dressed momma ever!!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

What a sweet capelet! I would love to knit stuff like that...but wouldn't be able to wear it. Well, maybe when I will be pregnant again and a round belly will be a chic accessory as opposed to thethingthatmustbehidden. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home