Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Still Here

Well, after all the hoopla about this baby coming early, here I am full term. People keep congratulating me on keeping the baby inside all this time, but I'm not sure I can really take credit. It seems strange to say, "yes, it's a good thing I sat all day on the couch and did nothing except eat and knit for a month. Boy was that a lot of work!" Actually, I feel as if I should have gotten more knitting done, but there was a lot of napping and reading, too, and that cut into my knitting time a lot.

I don't know about you, but I always have an old project or two that seem to linger on forever. This applies to both work and hobbies, and probably indicates that I should just give up on those projects and move on. My stubborn nature, however, won't allow me to do that, even if common sense tells me that the reason this project is lingering is because it sucks. I have decided that another resolution for 2008 is to either finish them or give up.

For example, the green Schachenmayr sweater has been ignored for quite a while. I did a sleeve that turned out way too big and finally decided to do a real gauge swatch to get the measurements right. Predictably, I have to go down a needle size or two, so I will likely order some size 2's this week so I can at least pretend to be making progress. However, the idea of knitting an entire sweater on size 2's does make me cringe a little, and the Jaeger Trinity yarn is hard to work with. I have a feeling this project is going to take quite some time to finish.

The collegiate scarf is another lingering project. I don't really have anyone in mind as the recipient, it seems just a little too wide to be practical, and I'm not entirely sold on the color combination. This probably should end up in the frog pond. I am currently working up the courage to officially give up on it, after having ripped and restarted twice before getting this far. Also, I doubled up the dark green and gray and this is done in blocks of color, so ripping is going to leave me with a pile of short strands that will be basically useless. Anyone interested in some useless lengths of cheap yarn? Anyone? Didn't think so.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

Well...whether or not you had a part to play in it, I'm glad your little girl got to get fully baked! :) I hope after all this that you don't go too long over due, and that when she does decide to make an appearance, that she gives you an easy time at it!

I commend you on making 2008 the year of the finishing. I have, at times, wanted 2008 to be the year of the stash, the year of the finishing, and the year of the getoffyourbuttandmakesomemoneydesigning. None have yet to be the official "year of" designation, so may you stick to it better than I did!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Glad your little girl has made it full term! I hope she now arrives soon.

It's hard to rip projects that don't seem to be working. I ripped the back and front of a sweater that I realized was an awful style for me to wear. It was hard at first, but then liberating.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

Hope you have a little pink bundle to be cuddling right now. My daughter was two weeks overdue, so I know how long those last days can be. When I finally went into labor, I thought I just had a stomachache. I was sure that baby was never going to come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home