Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

And the Gifts Keep Coming

Surprisingly, RJ continues to get new handknits. My wonderful knitting group, All Things String, just threw a shower for little RJ and the lovely gifts were overwhelming. First, there were a couple wonderful books, one for RJ and another for us to learn to sign so that we can teach her. That way, RJ can communicate with us before she even learns to speak.


Next, CraftyCanadian and her husband got us a beautiful set that included a hooded towel, washcloths, and a matching outfit (onesie, socks, & hat). I have no photos because we already washed it so we could use the towel and washcloths for bathtime. Obviously it was a useful gift.

Zona of Twirlgirl Fibers made RJ her first beret. Yet another lovely hat to add to her awesome collection.


Gwen made RJ two absolutely beautiful sweaters, and one even has a matching hat.



Three other knitters made some cute accessories: fringed booties, a fun, colorful bib, and a fun stuffed starfish (it's so soft!).



Later in the week I will post about the group gift that was truly spectacular.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

RJ doesn't know how lucky she is to have been born into a knitter's world!

Congratulations, the knits are beautiful. I think I like the starfish the best.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger michaele said...

That yellow sweater is gor-geous! Do you know what the pattern is?
Now if only I could get MY knitter friends to start making the project on my ReVIB knitting list! ;)

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

What fun gifts! I recognize the little yellow sweater as a free pattern that I once saw posted on Jimmy Bean Yarns. I thought it was so cute.

I'd forgotten about Itty Bitty Nursery as a source for "stuff" for my bakery idea. I love Susan Anderson's books.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Yes, the yellow sweater is a free pattern from Jimmy Beans Wool. I had asked Gwen, who knitted the sweater about it. I want Rio's beret!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home