Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cry Baby

Want to know what it's like to live with a newborn?
This classic Sesame Street video pretty much sums it up. The last few days we've had lots of crying. The good news is that she's adorable and loveable even when she's crying.

When RJ was in a good mood I was able to get her to model at least one knit. Here are the Saartjes bootees on a live model:

A warning for those making these, like most booties they really don't stay on that well. They do look really cute for the five minutes they do stay on, so maybe it's worth it. ;)

I am continuing to make progress on Anouk, which is turning out really cute in the yellow and green that I'm using. I am thinking about starting a new sweater for RJ. I am considering the Rosebud Cardigan from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies in peach Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. What do you think?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I think I like it (the Debbie Bliss. she does babies so well)!

Thanks for the toaster oven extraordinaire! Formal note to follow, of course, but it did arrive safe and sound!

And keep the baby photos coming. Yay!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger michaele said...

Here I thought you were going to link to th "milk, milk" song I remember from Sesame Street. It's a little more soothing than the rock - so maybe a little less accurate?

That Debbie Bliss yarn is wonderful - I made a sweater in it that I just finished last week. Soft, soft, soft. I think it would be great in that sweater.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

Oy she's so cute. And the booties match her outfit perfectly! I wonder...could you make the straps long enough to wrap once around the ankle THEN button them? I guess that would be too long and pose a choking hazard. Still, they are cute!

I think the Rosebud pattern is sweet, plus it's like a blank canvas so you can always add a little appliqued flower or heart or something.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger JennC said...

That video is perfect! Hope you are getting at least a little sleep.....and I love the peach yarn; the cardigan will be so cute!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

LOL, I haven't heard that sound for quite a while, although my sixteen-year-old daughter did cry the other night when her cell phone broke:)

I was kind of thinking that those booties wouldn't be that practical. I still love how they look, and you're right that it's a rare bootie that will stay on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home