Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Knitwear Model Is Born

We had a wonderful Mother's Day here at chez JayJay, and then things got really busy. The academic year has ended and graduation was last weekend. Since I'm on leave I didn't have to attend graduatio, and excuse anyone with half a brain would have used fully. However, one of my graduate students was graduating, so I wanted to be there to hood her. Actually, she was my first student, so I felt like it was a special event for both of us. However, my department had apparently drawn the short straw and our graduation ceremony was outdoors, in 90+ degree heat. In my long, heavy graduation robes I felt like a corndog in one of those warming display units: hot with a heavy coating and not particularly fresh. I also found out very suddenly that I had another work-related deadline at the end of this week (after I begged for an extension), so I've been working every spare moment. I really love my job, but there are days when I wish I were independently wealthly (ah, the yarn I would buy, just think of it!).

Since I haven't been knitting much lately I thought I'd share some photos I've been taking of RJ modeling of her handknits. This adorable pink sweater was a gift from Theresa of Knitting Underway. It' the one-piece baby kimono from Mason-Dixon Knitting. In this photo it's still a little big, but very cute. She's grown a bit, so I will have to try it on her again soon. You can see that it must be cozy, since she fell asleep while wearing it.



This is a hat that I knit way back during the early months of my pregnancy. I may have even started it before I was pregnant. It is the umbilical cord hat from Stitch 'N Bitch.



Finally, these are a pair of handknit socks made by Gwlana. She's worn these a lot actually, and often gets compliments.


I think Rio has a real future as a knitwear model. ;)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Just adorable! We'll have to keep her in handknits for the future.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

So cute! I love when they fall asleep with their arms up over their head like that. :)

I hope you have a bit of a break after all this!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our nice weather holds until our graduation in about two weeks. You're a good sport for going when you didn't have to. I used being pregnant as an excuse one year.

RJ is about as darling as they get. The sweater is so cute too:)

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger JennC said...

Seriously, how cute is this kid? Sorry we won't get to see you for dinner on Friday, but can't wait for the gelato run!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

I was going to say the same thing as the other Jen...I miss the days when Jakob slept with his arms up in the air like that. (Although last night I caught him sleeping on his stomach on his knees with his bum in the air for the first time...cracked me up).

Seriously- RJ is too cute for words. And that hair!

It sucks though that you've got work-related deadlines while you're on leave. I wish the US had the same maternity leave plans as we did here.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

RJ is so cute! She can work the camera!

Congratulations on graduating your first grad student! It's been a very big year for you all round.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

In case you have some free time...I've tagged you for a meme on my blog. :)

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Anne said...

awww so cute!! I love the one of her in the pink outfit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home