Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

A Special Mother's Day

This is a very special Mother's Day for my mother and me. It is my first as a mother and hers as a grandmother. I've only been a mother for 2 months, but I have to say that so far it has been the most wonderful experience of my life. RJ takes up all my time (including my knitting time), she hardly allows me any sleep, and she generally leaks some sort of bodily fluid on me several times a day, yet she makes me incredibly happy. I imagine my mom felt many of the same feelings some 35 years ago. So, in honor of Mother's Day here is a photo of me as a toddler and recent photo of RJ.





Our plans for the weekend include Sunday brunch and I'm told their will be gifts as well. If the weather warms a little we may even be able to sit outside for brunch. (Notice how I managed to avoid any real knitting content by including cute baby photos. I have been taking lots of photos of RJ in her handmade knits, so expect some model shots soon.)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Ambaa said...

You are so cute! And RJ is more beautiful every time I see her.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger JennC said...

Oh my goodness - RJ looks absolutely stunning in that picture! Has Nigel seen it? If not, I'm not sure you should show it to him......he might have a heart attack from the anticipatory stress. And you were pretty cute too! Love the pigtails ;)

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

OMG! RJ looks like she about to start talking any minute. She really is gorgeous.

I somehow imagined that I'd be happily knitting as I held my babies. Didn't happen, but I did eventually get some knitting completed for them when they were little.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger cranberry said...

Whoa! You had the child! The child is stunning and bonny and all that's good. Happy mother's day! we already have mother's day in March over here... but still... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Were you really that blonde as a kid? Such a cute photo.

Oh my...don't get me started on that photo of RJ. What a little model! She's gorgeous. Is her hair curly? Oy...look at her- she's going to break hearts!

You did good. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home