Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Monday, June 23, 2008

A Meme and UFO Progress

We are battling illness again here, with the hubby trying to get over a bad case of bronchitis. He is slowly improving, and the rest of us have managed to remain illness-free. So in absence of much going on as far as crafting, here is a meme which Jennifer of Handmade by Jennifer tagged me for. I won't officially tag anyone else since I took so long getting to it, but if you would like to participate, please feel free.

1. What I was doing 10 years ago: 1998.
I was in graduate school (I was in graduate school for 6 years, so no surprise there). I was newly single after breaking up with my boyfriend and living on my own with no roommate for the first time in a few years. I loved it! I found a great little apartment and spent lots of time decorating it to my tastes. I lived there for three years and still think about that apartment fondly. I really think I learned a lot about myself living on my own and was in a good place when I met my husband a year later.


2. What 5 things are on on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

-plan meals for the week
-do a load of laundry
-empty dishwasher
-catch up on blogging
-have a quiet day with RJ (no riding in the car)


3. Snacks I enjoy:
Dark chocolate anything and Miss Vickies Jalepeno chips.


4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire:
Travel, travel, travel. In first class, of course.


5. Places I have lived:
Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Rhode Island, and California. I've preferred the coasts so far. I love being near the ocean and close to an urban center. But that's just me and every place has its good points and bad points.

I also wanted to show that actual knitting progress is being made, albeit it a snail's pace. We have about three weeks before our next guests arrive, so I hope to make some progress on my projects during that time. First, I am working on Anouk using us some worsted weight cotton I had laying around the stash. This is how far I've gotten on one side.

I'm also making progess on the yellow and white longies. I'm making those from yellow Cotton-Ease and white Cottontots that were freebies in the stash.

In the next post I will have some new projects to post about

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

We just discovered jalapeno potato chips around here - yum!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger JennC said...

I'm thinking jalapeno chips DIPPED in dark chocolate......????

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Anouk looks so cute. I love how fast baby clothes are to knit. Of course, when you have the baby yourself, for some reason it's still difficult to get even small things finished:)

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Glad you didn't get sick and hope you don't! mmmmmmmmmm dark chocolate!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

I hope you and the baby don't get sick too! I'd love to see Anouk when it is finished, it is such a cute pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home