Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, August 22, 2008

A Rose By Any Other Name

It's been a tough week here at Chez JayJay. First, RJ started daycare. As you might imagine, it has been a difficult adjustment. For me, not RJ, that is. She seems to be doing great, loving all the other kids and play activities even at 5 months old. I, however, am a mess - disorganized, emotionally distraught, and missing my baby. Alas, classes start next week, so I can't stay home with her anymore. The good news is that my schedule is fairly flexible and work, daycare, and home are within 3 miles of each other, so we aren't apart for as many hours per week as I had feared.

The other difficulty this week is that my laptop died. My poor little iBook got a security update on Tuesday and was never the same. Campus IT is supposed to be working on it, but they hadn't even assigned a technician to it as of Thursday. Let's hope they fix it before Christmas. Despite everything, by Friday things are starting to look better. RJ and I are getting into a routine and I am feeling a little better about the start of the semester. Since I am having computer problems I don't have any photos. Thus, I leave you with one of those silly, entertaining personality quizzes. Is it a bad sign that all our snapdragons died?


I am a
Snapdragon


What Flower
Are You?




"Mischief is your middle name, but your first is friend. You are quite the prankster that loves to make other people laugh."

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

I hear you on the daycare thing. I'm lucky in that I can keep Jakob with me for a long time, but now I'm starting to count the days until he's 18 months and can attend the daycare we chose. I don't know what it will be like to not spend all day with him, as much as he drives me crazy...he's still WITH me.

I'm glad your being strong and that she's doing well and fitting in. THEY thrive- it's US who fall apart!

Good luck with school starting!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger JennC said...

Dude! I'm a snapdragon too!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Glad to hear RJ is doing well in daycare, and I hope you are getting in the swing of things.

I was a sunflower.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Anne said...

awww, I hope things are a little better now. ::hugs::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home