Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Monday, July 28, 2008

I'll Have The Congealed Salad Please

Recently I was going through an old cookbook I picked up while visiting my home state, Wisconsin. The book is called Cooking Wisconsin Style and was published in 1980. I don't know that I'll ever make anything from this cookbook, since it has that distinct '70s vibe. You know, lots of processed cheese and jello. Also, many of the recipes just sound really unappealing. How about some sauerkraut balls? Never heard of them? Why, they are ground pork combined with sauerkraut, then deep-fried. Yum. Then there's the cranberry congealed salad. It might actually taste good, but who on earth would ever want to eat something with "congealed" in the name?

RJ is one Wisconsin product that definitely turned out OK (well, she's half Wisconsinite anyway). Here is her 4 month old photo. She really knows how to flirt with the camera. If only I could get her to stop moving her legs for a couple seconds!


The knitting projects are coming along, but with all the guests recently they are not coming along very fast. Friends from Rhode Island left earlier today, and the in-laws should be arriving any minute to fawn over their new granddaughter. I had just enough time to wash the sheets. More posting to come, I promise.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

I love those baby pictures where the legs are all blurry! The ones like that of my kids still make me smile.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

She looks like a little doll! Oy she's cute. Mazel tov again!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger P and P said...

The baby is beautiful. Does the Teddy have a club foot?

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

RJ is adorable! It looks like the teddy bear is happy just because it gets to sit next to her. Great baby blanket too!

My mom never cooked those sorts of "Wisconsin" recipes, but I've certainly had similar things at friends' houses growing up. Glad things have changed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home