Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Comfort in Tough Times

Anyone else feeling nervous about the current state of the world? Even though the weather is still rather warm here, all the stuff going on makes me want to knit my family some woolly sweaters to cuddle us. Sure, we'd probably die in the California heat if I actually did that, but I suppose it's the knitters version of a hug. Meanwhile, I am still working on my cotton projects for RJ, which are much more practical for our climate. Anouk is nearly done, with only the pockets left to do.



My original plan was to make the pockets blue with a white flower and orange center, more true to the very colorful original. As I got closer to the end I started to think perhaps white pockets with a yellow flower and orange center might be a good option. I am definitely leaning towards the white at this point, particularly since I have some shirts that it would match really well with those colors.

Also, we are getting ready for RJ's first Halloween. Someone gave us a small pumpkin, and it turns out RJ is huge fan. Evidently, this was much better than her other toys. :)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cutie with the pumpkin!

Yes, I think that the state of the world is in dire need of some serious TLC.

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She keeps getting cuter and cuter!

I think white would be best too, it would look really cute and fresh.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I like the white idea. Those are such good colors for RJ.

She likes that pumpkin!

The world needs a lot of help right now. I worry about all the troubles everyday.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger JennC said...

Whose my little punkin? Is it you? Is it? I think it is..... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home