Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Not Like Me

Unlike me, my daughter is black. In my mind she is German/Caribbean, or multi-ethnic, but because her father is black the world will see her as black.

Unlike me, my daughter will grow up in a neighborhood where people from different countries, ethnic backgrounds and races all live together.

Unlike me, my daughter will grow up in world where a black man was elected President. It is no longer just a possibility, it is a reality.

Thinking about the possibilities open to her and the new world we live in brings tears to my eyes.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully, like you, she will be wise and eloquent with her words. That was a beautiful post.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

Americans did well on election day. Let us hope things continue to improve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home