Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Pumpkin Day Hat

OK, so most might define my lack of posting for the past few days a failure for NaBloPoMo, but I would argue that I'm just making those who are posting every day feel better about their accomplishment. Are you buying that? Probably not.

On Tuesday, RJ screamed and cried when I put her in the car to go to daycare. This is very strange behavior for her, particularly in the morning. She usually coos and laughs all the way there, then reaches for her favorite caregiver when we arrive (no separation anxiety there). That day she just clung to my arm and cried before we even left the garage. She had been sick for several days, so I suspected she had an infection. Sure enough she has another ear infection (her third in three months, poor thing). I also noticed that one of her bottom teeth was finally poking through. So she had the double whammy of the ear infection and teething. :( She is finally starting to feel better, so I am back to posting.

I will leave with the crocheted pumpkin hat I made for RJ for Halloween and Thanksgiving. I made up the pattern myself based on a couple different ones I found and a leaf pattern I looked up in a crochet book. I used cheap Red Heart Soft Yarn in Tangerine and Leaf. What do you think? (In the bottom picture she has stolen daddy's wand; he dressed as a Hogwart's student for Halloween.)


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I think I should work on my crochet skills :)

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable! It matches her socks, too! I love the wee leaf on top, and I think you did a great job.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Oh, what a cute little hat. Love the leaf on top. I've never learned to crochet other than edging. I hope poor R.J. continues to feel better.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Lauria said...

Love it!!

Poor little babe! Hope she's still feeling better!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

That hat is adorable!
Three ear infections in three months! Poor RJ!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home