Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, November 07, 2008

The Stash Groweth In Unusual Ways

This past week I attempted to organize the craft closet. The craft closet might already be organized if it weren't also the crap-that-has-no-place-else-to-go closet. Actually, we have another closet dedicated to crap and this one is just overflow crap. The dedicated crap closet REALLY needs to be organized, but neither the hubby nor I are brave enough to tackle that without a large chunk of time and some really good reward waiting when we're done.

In the course of organizing I realized that compared to my Ravelry stash, my real life stash had grown substantially, but not in a way that I can easily add to Ravelry. What do I mean? Well, just take a look at this:



Various friends have donated leftover yarn for baby socks, baby hats, baby sweaters (are you sensing a theme?). I absolutely cannot pass up free stuff (one of my many faults), so I have accumulated all these tidbits. I really do think most of it will work up into cute stuff, and the challenge of using it all appeals to my frugal side.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

Many, many pretty colors! I think RJ wants you to knit lots of stuff for her!

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let's see...those 2 balls of purple/blue...that's baby socks right there. That yellow is a sweater, using the multi pink/yellow/purple on the bottom row as an accent for ribbing, cuffs and pockets. The pale pink/green(?) on the lower left is totally a lacy cardigan or summer dress. Lucky RJ!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I always end up finding something to do with the little remnants at some point, and I never actually count them in my stash count. (Which also means I can't decrease by that amount when I use it . . . )

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Lauria said...

You should check out Laughing Purple Goldfish's blog
http://laughingpurplegoldfish.blogspot.com/
I am dying to try her bag technique. She uses up all kinds of scraps by making "magic balls." It's amazing how cool her stuff turns out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home