Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

A New Look

In the next few posts, I hope to show off some of the projects I worked on during my winter break. First, my dining room has a new look, finally! This project used to be in my sidebar under other craft projects, but after two years with no progress I took it off to save myself the embarrassment. This is after I bought the foam nearly eight years ago. My mom actually helped a lot, and used her mad skills in using material efficiently to make two more cushions than I'd originally intended, without buying any additional fabric (don't ask me how she does it, but it is rather miraculous). I am rather pleased with how they turned out, and I even had enough fabric left to make a cafe curtain for the window over the sink. We are going for an earthy Italian look in our kitchen/dining room, with gold, green, and orange/red as the main colors. I also have a few fruit-themed decorative items, so this fabric really fit in nicely.



Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Lauria said...

So cute!!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Very nice! It's good to get a long standing project done.

My MIL helped me re-upholster our dining room chairs (I had the fabric and supplies almost as long as you did), and saved quite a bit of fabric too. She thought I could make a table runner with the leftovers, but I could see M just sweeping it off the table when it was in his way, so I haven't done that.

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are adorable! I love the tassels too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home