Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Monday, January 12, 2009

When Nerds Knit

First off, my long absence is related to some rather large household projects which my parents helped me with over the holidays. They are some very energetic people, and they remind me that it's Ok to start a project even if you aren't sure it'll turn out. I tend to research things to death before I start, which sometimes means that I never get around to starting a major project. With my mom to guide me, I finished the kitchen chair cushions finally. I bought the foam for these an embarrasing 8 years ago. Yikes! I will snap some photos to post tomorrow. I also made cushions for the new window seat my dad built (yes, he is the most talented carpenter in the world!). We also painted the living room, fixed a couple lamps and a light fixture, put up a shelf/wine glass holder in the dining room, and finished countless other small projects around the house. I need my parents to visit more often! Since I don't have any project photos yet to share, here is RJ's holiday photo. Doesn't she look cute with pigtails?



Finally, here is a link to some really cool knitted brains. I really wish I had thought of this. As a neuroscientist and a knitter I feel like I should add to the collection. Any thoughts on how to knit the fusiform gyrus?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger MarieT said...

So now we know what the inside of a knitter's head looks like. :-) Awesome knitting - I really liked the blue brains.
RJ is such a cute baby. That bear is shrinking rapidly.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

What a cute photo of RJ! She is such a happy baby.

Congrats on getting so many projects done while your parents visited. Twice we've had my in-laws help us upholster chair seats.

Step away from the knitted brain! RJ will want to take it to pre-school show-and-tell someday and then where will you be?! ;)

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

(LOL) I thought you were a music professor, for some reason. I think because of the "treble" reference, even though I love that book The Trouble with Trebles too. Neuroscientists aren't supposed to be so young or have such darling babies who they keep in stylish knits.

Thanks for asking about my "chair" situation. This is her second year, and the position is then open to new applicants. We'll probably have a "no confidence" vote if she's rehired. That will be sad, but maybe she'll just step down quietly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home