Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Feeling Behind

You know things are bad when you start to feel like you're even behind in your craft projects. I was just barely keeping up with work and home stuff before I broke my foot, and the broken foot really took off my stride, literally and figuratively. I have spent the last couple weeks struggling to catch up again, and I think one more week ought to put me back where I started at least.

With knitting projects, even though you tell yourself that it doesn't really matter how quickly you finish, sometimes it really does matter. Say, for example, when you're knitting something for a growing child. What I've learned is that I should start things about a year before I actually want RJ to wear them, just to make sure I finish in time. Luckily, I knit a bit loose so things end up a bit bigger anyway (gauge swatches for baby clothes seems like a waste of time to me). After almost a year, I am nearly finished with Anouk for RJ. All that's left to do is weave in the ends and sew on the buttons. Very nearly an FO.



I have to say that it is wicked cute and a really fun pattern. Due to the dress/shirt versatility, the fact that it took me a year isn't too awful. Even though I chose to knit the 3 month size (yikes! she's nearly a year old!), thanks to my loose gauge and good pattern design it still fits. It's probably a bit on the short side for dress, but it should look really cute over leggings and onesie (and I've already bought them to match). I am tempted to go through my stash and pick out some yarn for a winter version, in a much bigger size of course. It would look cute in green and burnt orange for fall, don't you think?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Darling! It would look cutein fall colors too.

Hope your foot continues to mend and your husband has luck with his job hunt..unless you both decide for him to be a house husband for a while. My husband was home during the day when our kids were young and taught night classes a couple of night a week. Mmm. I can still remember coming home to homemade bread coming out of the oven....of course, I still had to clean the bathrooms, but he was fantastic with the making the kids days full of fun part, so I didn't mind.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Adorable!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

That is adorable! And the colors will look so good with RJ's coloring.

I hope your foot continues to heal well, and best of luck to your husband in the job hunt!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger JennC said...

So cute! Can't wait to see her in it!

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack...I'm clearly waaaay behind in my blog reading. I try to read but then usually have Henri in my arms so I can't comment. I've got some baby-free moments, so here goes!

By the way, that dress would look adorable in Fall, you could even do pumpkins (or jack-o-lanterns) on the pockets instead of flowers!

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack...I'm clearly waaaay behind in my blog reading. I try to read but then usually have Henri in my arms so I can't comment. I've got some baby-free moments, so here goes!

By the way, that dress would look adorable in Fall, you could even do pumpkins (or jack-o-lanterns) on the pockets instead of flowers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home