Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, February 13, 2009

A Lucky Date

Thanks to those who have shared words of support, both publicly and privately. My foot is feeling much better and we are slowly getting over the shock of my husband's layoff. Things have always worked out for the best in the past, and we are hopeful that things will work out this time as well.

I wanted to be sure to post today, since it is Friday the 13th. Although we're not especially superstitious people, my family has always felt that 13 was our lucky number. It stems from my mom, who was born on a Friday the 13th. It might seem obvious, but it certainly was a lucky thing for me that my mom was born. My affinity for 13 has continued and had recent significance. For example, our plot number for our house was 13. It is one of the few houses with a larger yard and a private corner, so it was not surprising that someone else had chosen it. That person backed out just as we were starting the buying process so we got our lucky number 13! Luckiest of all, my daughter was born on the 13th of March, and she shares her birthday with her grandmother who started all this 13 stuff. A very lucky number indeed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted a comment but I don't know if it will come through, so I'm trying again. It was just talking about my dad also liking 13 as a lucky number, but 18 as well 'cus that's a Jewish lucky number. (We give money gifts in multiples of 18 for luck).

My lucky number is 8. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home