Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What's Been Going On

I know that the long absences have been more common than the regular posting lately, but honestly I just haven't felt up to it. My goal is to keep this blog focused on knitting or other crafts, but frankly other things have really dominated our time lately. I have been knitting a little, though. Here is my brother's gaiter, which is coming along.



What has really been dominating our thoughts, however, is the recent news that my husband's manufacturing plant will be closing it's doors permanently. So far this horrible economy has affected so many of my family and friends, and now us. It's hard not to let it get it you. We are trying to stay positive and hope that he will be able to find another job. It always seems like when you are under extra stress that's when accidents happen. Yesterday morning I woke up at 4:00 am and in my groggy state I went to check on the husband and RJ, who had not come back to bed after getting up at 2:00 am. I didn't turn on the light (in case they were sleeping) and tripped over the last step, breaking my foot. Thankfully, it's not a bad break so in about 4-6 weeks I should be good as new. I am particularly ticked because I just got a new pair of cute shoes, and now I won't be able to wear them for a few weeks.


Hopefully, in a few months we will look back at this bad streak of luck and laugh.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Sorry to hear the bad news on all fronts. Let me know when you guys would be up for a visit - crafting is a good activity for a broken foot, after all!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Ohhh:( I don't know if you'll be able to laugh about the foot, but maybe you'll eventually smile. You're so right about accidents happening when you're under stress. I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time. You sound like resilient people, but it's just hard to feel out of control for a while.

I hope you get to go crafting with Theresa as soon as you can...and dont forget that chocolate chip cookies can also makes things seem better.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy, it sucks when bad things happen all at once. I hope your foot gets better fast, or at least that you can use it as an excuse to sit back and put it up and do a few "you" things instead of running around caring for everyone else.
I also really hope things turn around for your husband and that something else comes up soon. We're going through something similar here, and I know how tough it is, and how job stresses can affect other areas of your life/marriage. Keep smiling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home