Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Dead Yet...

For those of you who don't know, the title refers to one of my favorite scenes in "Monty Python: Search for the Holy Grail" which you can see here on YouTube. They even turned it into a song for the musical Spamalot, which made me very happy.

Anyway, I know it's been well over a month since my last post, so I wanted to at least put a little something on here to let people know that things are OK. The hubby is still looking for another job, but we are looking at the bright side and trying to spend more time together as a family while we can. That hasn't been easy while I'm teaching four classes (ugh!), but the semester is nearly over so we are hoping that some days at the beach or, more importantly, organizing the closets will make us feel more relaxed. We've been so busy and stressed that the house has really descended into disorder. Random items of clothing are starting to go missing (other than the usual socks), so I know it's getting bad. Thankfully, the yarn appears to still be safe.

I recently attended a conference in Florida and the long flights to and from allowed me to start some new projects. I started a new Anouk (love that pattern!) and Katja (so cute!). I will post photos as soon as I get my finals out of the way this week and finish grading papers. In the meantime, I am almost finished with my brother's gaiter. I think only a couple more rounds and I will bind off. Oh, and I will try to catch up on everyone else's blogs and not be absent so long from blogging again. Honestly, I have actual knitting and yarn-related content to post!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger MarieT said...

I'm feeling much better ...
That's one of my favorite sequences in 'Holy Grail'. Such a fun movie. It was great to see you and Rio on Sunday. Hope to see you this coming Sunday.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger JennC said...

Who is the new Anouk for? I need to get that pattern from you.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home