Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Good Yarn Karma

Thanks for all the well wishes regarding getting RJ into her own bed. After a week of working on it we are at RJ=1, parents=0. I think some significant teething pain is complicating matters, but there is probably a good measure of manipulation going on. Either way, I have been outmaneuvered by my 15-month-old. Damn her cuteness!



I just want to pass along some good yarn karma to Karen (aka Auntyk) on Ravelry. Actually, this story starts with a kind gift from Rachel (aka cupcakegirl on Ravelry) who started to knit something for RJ, then when she ran out of time decided to just give me the yarn, which was some lovely, soft, peach Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. RJ's favorite yellow hat this past winter was knit from this same yarn, so I figured a sweater for next winter in the same yarn would be good. However, I didn't have enough for a sweater so I searched on Ravelry and found that Karen had three skeins she wanted to get rid of IN THE SAME DYELOT! Yes, miracles do happen. As if that weren't wonderful enough, when I contacted her, she offered to send me the yarn without any payment. (Believe me, I offered to at least pay postage, but she refused.) I was very touched by her kindness and wanted to share my wonderful experience and pass along some good karma to Karen. Knitters really are the most wonderful people!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Three cheers to Karen! That will be a lovely sweater for RJ. Unfortunately, she's probably too young for you to use the sweater as manipulation/bribe to get her to sleep in her own bed.

I hope you have a great weekend! It's very cool up here in Northern CA--are you having a cool summer?

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitters rock. Did I ever tell you the story of when I was at the Vermont Sheep & Wool festival and one of the vendors told my friend that she didn't take credit cards, but that she could BRING THE YARN HOME and mail a check sometime the following week?

HOLY CRAP RJ is adorable! I don't blame her for getting her way- she'd have me wrapped around her pinky too!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Ambaa said...

I've been so out of touch and I missed you, so I came to your blog to hunt for new pics of Rio. And here she is! So darn cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home