Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Mondays are Hardest

Thanks for all your support for my Ravelympics projects. I am still making good progress on the scarf and I'm happy with my new start on the Anouk. I will update more on the projects later this week.

I don't know about other moms, but dropping off RJ on Monday morning is always emotional. I guess after spending the weekend together my guilt is in full force. I really shouldn't feel guilty, her daycare is fantastic. However, she is moving from the infant room to the toddler room at the moment and she is not happy. She hates change (gets that from her dad) and misses her old teachers. I know that she needs to move on, but it has been so hard. I definitely agree with her old teachers that she really needs to be in an environment that is more school-like so she can learn more, and that she is too mature for the infant room. But, when your baby starts crying the moment you hand her over, it is so hard to leave her there and not snatch her back and take her home.

The good news is that I am making good progress on gifts for her new teachers, who are patiently dealing with her crying and fussing on a daily basis. Here is another completed knitted washcloth. It uses the ballband dishcloth pattern that is so popular. It is fun and easy to make, but looks complicated. Some more kitchen cotton going to good use. I made a big blunder at first, using small bits of leftovers that weren't quite enough to finish this. Thankfully, I tracked down some matching yarn and the crisis was averted.



Here's to hoping that next Monday will be a lot easier.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy RJ is still crying when you drop her off? That's really tough...I don't miss Jakob sobbing and clutching me for dear life, and I really hope that because Jakob will be there it will make it easier for me to leave Henri come September.

That washcloth looks great! PS- that's a FO from 2010! ;)

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Awwww! Mondays are hard no matter what, but leaving your "baby" makes it harder. My "babies" are finally at my school, and it's nice to see them throughout the day...trying not to think about the fact that Paige will be leaving home very soon though.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I bet pretty soon RJ will be very happy with the other toddlers. I used to babysit for a little girl who sobbed and sobbed when I arrived and before her parents left. As soon as they were gone, she was dry eyed and wanted to play a game or be read a story. RJ just wants to make sure you really understand that you are her first choice for keeping her company and taking care of her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home